Recommended for Pre-K/Kindergarten to Twelfth Grade
• Pi Day at Highlands School
• Pi Day resources on Pinterest
- Pizza Pi: Circumference and Area of a Circle
In this interactive from APT, develop an understanding of circumference and the area of a circle and then practice these values with formulas.
- Pi & The Fibonacci Sequence | Video
If you look in nature, there are numbers all around us. Show students how pi and the Fibonacci sequence reveals itself in nature with this video from NOVA!
- Calculating Pi with Darts | Video
Calculating Pi. . . with darts? Watch how the Physics Girl uses a random sample of darts thrown at a target to come up with the equation.
- Formulas for a Circle | Video Collection
Examine the relationship between the diameter and circumference of a circle—a.k.a. "pi"—with these videos and activity from Cyberchase!
- Math & Arts:Circle Designs | Lesson Plan
Help students identify the parts of a circle and how to derive pi with this arts + geometry lesson, featuring Cyberchase!
- Math Mess | Collection
Math Messes can pop up when you least expect them! See how math can help solve everyday problems with this fun collection of classroom resources from WVIZ/PBS Idea Stream!
- I Heart Math | Collection
Tap into this quirky, animated video series to help students understand how integers, ratios, and fractions impact their daily lives!
- Measurement and Geometry | Pi, Circumference, and Radius
Introduce students to two basic circle formulas and the definition of pi with this lesson from Kentucky Public Television.
- PBS Math Club | Collection
Prepare your students to laugh and learn about math with the PBS Math Club collection covering ratios, proportions, statistics and lots more!